There has been progress in the Dye Garden so I thought I would give you an update.Dye Garden where I will be growing plants to make natural dyes that I can use to dye fabric.
Once I was happy with all this I could start some planting. Firstly the madder went into one of the raised beds. Madder runs and so it is best to try and control it.
I was a bit worried about the top soil as it is seemed quite inert. There were no worms, no ants, nothing crawling about in it. I have used some biochar to help perk it up and I am hopeful that once ants and worms get to do their thing that it will soon be full of life. I have never bought top soil before and I took care to read reviews that said it was of good quality, so I am keeping my fingers crossed.
So watch this space, more updates will follow.