There are few things more enjoyable as finding out there is to be a new garden show added to the calendar. I had heard that there was to be a new show, the Ascot Spring Garden Show (13-15 April 2018). I was delighted that I was contacted by their marketing team and asked if I wanted to offer two tickets as a competition through my blog. Regular readers will know I very rarely run competitions, but this seemed such a good opportunity and I am genuinely excited about the new show, so I said yes.
Why should you want to win these tickets? The show promises: 35 specialist plant nurseries, that would be me queuing at the gate with no further prompt. There will also be 60 garden related trade stands. So if garden-shopping is your thing, then there is plenty to look at.
There will be show gardens, six by established designers and six by students from horticultural colleges. The college gardens are part of David Domoney’s Young Gardeners of the Year Competition.
There will also be a programme of speakers who will include David Domoney, Simon Lycett and the keepers of the Gardens of Windsor Great Park.
The show itself is being overseen by Stephen Bennett, who for 28 years was the RHS Shows Director responsible for the Chelsea Flower Show and more.
Tickets are able to be purchased in advance for £20 each, or £24 each on the day. See the website for more details.
Now that I have you all interested, here is what you have to do. The competition is for two tickets to the show on Sunday 15th April 2018. To enter into the competition you need to leave a comment in the comments section just saying why you would like to go. The winner will be picked at random.
The competition ends at midnight Friday 23rd March 2018. No entries will be included after that date.
The winner will be announced on the blog on Monday 26th March 2018.
The competition is for tickets only, you will be responsible for your own travel/getting there. Please check the Terms and Conditions below for full details.
Competition - Terms and Conditions
- No purchase necessary.
- No cash alternative is available and all prizes are non-transferable and non-refundable. Tickets are not for resale and cannot be used for commercial use or use in further promotions.
- No cash alternative or alternative prize is available on request, but in the event of the advertised prize being unavailable we reserve the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- Employees of Ascot Racecourse and any company associated with a specific promotion, and their families, are not eligible to enter.
- Proof of sending writing a comment is not proof of our receipt of your entry.
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries that are lost or delayed.
- The closing date is as per the date listed on the competition page
- Winners will be formally notified within 7 days of the closing date and advised how they will receive their prize. Only the winners will be contacted personally.
- The prize may not be transferred to any other person.
- Full details of the prize will be given in writing upon request.
- Winners may be required to take part in or co-operate with publicity.
- Winners agree to keep confidential any knowledge about Ascot Racecourse, its business and its personnel received by them as a result of the free prize draw.
- No responsibility is accepted for inaccurate prize details supplied
- Use of false name or address, i.e. name, by which the entrant is not usually known, will disqualify them from receiving any prize. All entrants will be notified by e-mail. Ascot Racecourse can only reply to the e-mail address supplied and cannot be responsible for any change of e-mail address
- We reserve the right to amend these rules at any time.
- No correspondence will be entered into
- Entering implies acceptance of these rules.
- The prize winners will be selected at random by the writer of this blog. Their decision is final in every situation, including any not covered above and no correspondence will be entered into.
- In the event that any winner refuses a prize, or for whatever reason, cannot accept a prize, or if the promotor is unable to make contact with any winner within 7 days of the closing date, the promotor reserves the right to re-draw the prize and award to an alternative winner.
- The promotor reserves the right to cancel, amend, terminate or temporarily suspend this promotion in the event of any unforeseen circumstances or technical reason outside its reasonable control, with no liability to any entrants or third parties.
- Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules and to agree to be bound by them.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of England and Wales
- The Promoter and Ascot Racecourse will not pass your personal details to any other organisation without your permission, except for the purpose of awarding your prize if necessary
- The Promoter is Alison Levey, blackberrygarden.co.uk LE3 3AH